It’s holiday season and we have friends coming in town to see our great, over-the-top Christmas Traditions Festival with their 3 wee ones. We are so excited to have them stay with us. I’m going to make this simple and delicious overnight French Toast for them. I can make 99.9% of it the night prior and I know the kids will love it. I’ll have some sausage links to go along, as well as coffee and juice.
As a special take-home surprise for the children, I have these great little creamers/pourers in different animals. I’m going to put maple syrup in them so they can pour it on their plates of French Toast.
I’m going to also let them brew their own tea with our herbal Nutcracker blend and our new Simple Brew pots. It’s so easy to make tea!
It will be a great, fun breakfast and the perfect start to a morning of carolers, Santas, hot chestnuts roasting and more! This would be a great treat for a brunch, also! The peaches on top give it ?something special!
Come visit us on Main Street and the festival, and make this great breakfast this season!
Peaches and Cream French Toast
- 1 8-oz. loaf French bread, sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 15-oz. cans sliced peaches packed in juice, drained (can substitute 3 cups frozen peaches, thawed)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
The night before:
Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange bread in a tight, flat layer in dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk, salt, sugar and vanilla until blended; pour over bread. Arrange peaches on top (in a pattern if you like) and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
The Morning of:
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour cream into a small pan; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Drizzle over peaches and bake, uncovered, until casserole is lightly browned on top and just cooked through, 45 to 55 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.