Oven Eggs Benedict
A delicious breakfast that's easy to make in the oven with easy ingredients.
- 1 can Pillsbury Extra Large Crescent Rolls
- 1 pkg Buddig Sliced Ham
- 8 Eggs (Large)
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese (optional)
- Hollandaise Sauce (see below)
Homemade Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients (Optional)
You can use the following ingredients to create your own Hollandaise sauce or purchase a powdered mix from your local grocer.
- 2 Egg Yolks (Large)
- 1 tbsp Warm Water
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4 tsp Coarse Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- Take Pillsbury extra large crescent rolls. Line a muffin pan with one crescent roll each. Mold the dough a little to create a cup in the pan. Next, layer in a slice of thin cut ham or Canadian bacon. Crack the eggs into the dough and ham molds, top with a little cheese (optional). Fold all the corners of the crescent rolls to the center of the cup. Have them meet in the middle (they will not completely cover the egg tops).
- Place a piece of aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven to catch the egg spillover that will happen. Cook the eggs according to the crescent roll package direction time/temperature. When the timer goes off, turn the oven off and leave the pan in for about 10 more minutes, allowing the eggs to further set. Carefully remove eggs to plate and drizzle with prepared Hollandaise sauce. Enjoy!
Homemade Hollandaise Sauce Directions
- Melt butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan over low until bubbly (do not let brown). In a blender, combine egg yolks, water, lemon juice, and salt; blend until frothy. Add melted butter to egg mixture and blend until smooth. And yes, the hot butter will cook the eggs.
- Buddig Sliced Ham can be substituted with thin sliced Canadian Bacon.