It’s holiday time. There is so much going on that we all want festive treats to serve to friends and family, but who has time to make them? Here is a super easy and impressive appetizer to make. It can also be made in a sweet version and used as a dessert.
Cheeseball Pinecone Appetizer
- 4 tbl butter, softened
- 1 block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cheeseball mix package (check out our many options, sweet or savory)
- 1 cup of almonds (can be whole or sliced, or try halved pecans)
- Combine ingredients (except nuts) in a bowl, cover and chill for 2 hours or more. Remove the mixture divide in to two amounts. Arrange each amount on a serving plate in to half-egg shape for the base of your pinecone.
- Starting at the bottom tip of your pinecones, stick a nut in to the cheeseball and lay flat facing up. Continue shingling the pinecone with the nuts to the top of the pinecone. (Or, you can make just one, larger pinecone)
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs to represent evergreen (or grab some from your garden). Serve with crackers for savory pinecones, or vanilla wafers for sweet dessert ones.