This delicious pork tenderloin is great anytime and is a quick and delicious main course for when family and friends come over for dinner. It features honey and Julia’s Spice Blend - as in Julia Child. She originated this blend recipe and recommended it with all cuts of pork.
Honeyed Pork Tenderloin with Bacon
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 2 tsp Julia’s Spice Blend
- 2 tbl honey - I prefer local, raw
- 1 lb bacon strips
- Rub the pork with Julia’s Spice then heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet (I suggest cast iron or something that is oven safe also).
- Brown the pork tenderloin in the hot oil, turning to get a good sear on all sides. Remove the pork and let rest on a plate for about 15 minutes till cooler to handle.
- Lay out the bacon so that the strips slightly overlap lengthwise so that the bacon “stairs” are the length of the pork. Place the pork on the bacon and wrap around the pork. Place the pork back in the pan with the bacon seam down. Drizzle on the honey on top of the bacon and brush to cover the bacon.
- Place in a 350 oven for approximately 30 minutes, basting with any pan juices along the way. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.